Punditician

A place to rant about politics, the media, and especially the electorate. Much like alcohol, the electorate is both the cause of, and the solution to, all of America's problems.

Name:
Location: Seattle, Washington

Monday, October 18, 2004

It's a Michigan point...

Because who cares what a lifelong republican and 14-year governor thinks?

You would, you apatriotic bush-voting assholes, if you gave a damn about this country and its future, instead of being hell-bent on re-enshrining bigotry into our Constitution and making rich people richer at the expense of the poor.

After reminding us (at least those of us willing to listen) of the good qualities that republicans used to fight for, former Governor of Michigan William Milliken closes his statement of intent to vote for Kerry with:
Women's rights, civil liberties, the separation of church and state, the funding of family planning efforts world-wide - all have suffered grievously under this president and his administration.
The truth is that President George W. Bush does not speak for me or for many other moderate Republicans on a very broad cross section of issues.
Sen. John Kerry, on the other hand, has put forth a coherent, responsible platform of progressive initiatives that I believe would serve this country well. He wants to balance the budget, step up environmental protection efforts, rebuild our international relationships, support stem-cell research, protect choice and pursue a number of other progressive initiatives that moderates from both parties can support.
As a result, despite my long record of active involvement in the Republican Party, and my intention still to stay in the Republican Party, when I cast my ballot November 2, I will be voting for John Kerry for President.

But alas, to you bush voters, the only thing the long-and-growing-longer line of republican refugees means is "traitor". The simple fact, which hurt our country in 2000, and threatens it again this year, is that for bush voters, party affiliation is more important than the welfare of our country. It's just not possible to genuinely care about this country and still vote for bush. Would that more of you bush voters genuinely cared about America.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's why you should vote NADER/CAMEJO!

2:54 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just filled out my absentee ballot, I almost always vote labor party, but after reading this web sight I realized the importance of this election. Voting with my heart and beliefs seemed selfish to me. Thank you CDJ, because of you I have seen the importance of this historic election. I voted Nader.

Thank you.

10:56 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

If ther'z one thing I luv about being a DEMOCRAT it has to the idea of voting ourselves more entitlements. Craddle to grave, baby. Let the repub-bushies do all the work (little wage-slaves) - a man can go far in life on assistance alone, just ask this kat.

10:22 PM  
Blogger sherifffruitfly said...

Hm. I find myself wondering if my own posts are as thoroughly unintelligible as the comments they receive. Kos, Atrios, et al, seem to have understandable comments... Guess I need to work on my writing skills... lol

11:27 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home